FCCP Back to School Car Wash

“Truck-fun” at the car wash!

Tiffany Bui, Staff Writer

The Five Carat Choice Program (FCCP) at Palm Beach Lakes consists of the Biotechnology, Early Childhood, Law, Medical, and Teacher Academies. FCCP hosted its first annual car wash September 20 from 7:30 am to 12 pm in the parking lot of the Rams auditorium. The car wash was a huge success! The 50+ Choice students in attendance found this experience to be wonderful in the sense that they were able to collaborate with other academy members and come together as one. One student commented, “It [washing cars] was fun; I got to talk to friends I don’t see very often.  It was a really good idea to raise money.”

All five academies joined forces to wash the cars of those generous supporters who purchased a car wash ticket from one of our Carats. Fundraising is a necessary task of all school programs; the car wash helped each academy to raise much needed funds for their individual program needs. The FCCP coordinator, instructors, and students thank everyone for supporting those in FCCP.

“Everyone was drenched with water by the end of the day! It was so much fun!” recounts another academy student. The FCCP Back to School car wash was an unforgettable experience for those who participated—teachers, students, and parents alike.