Breaking News
  • December 12Medical Teaches CPR at Roosevelt (12/14)
  • December 12HOSA Potluck (12/13)
  • December 12Lakes Law Goes to Keiser (1/18)
  • December 12Forensics Presentation in Biotech (12/13)
  • November 142024 Health Fair (2/8)
  • November 14HOSA Competition (1/25/24)
  • November 142024 Mock Trial Competition (2/1)
  • November 14Law Tea (12/13)
  • November 14Youth Court (12/14)
The student news site of Palm Beach Lakes Community High School in West Palm Beach, Florida

PBL Choice News

PBL Choice News

PBL Choice News

2022-2023 FCCP Academy of the Year

The Five Carat Choice Program is chock full of incredible academies and academy students (affectionately known as Carats)! The programs include Biotechnology, Early Childhood, Fire Science, Law, Medical Science, and Marine Corps JROTC. Each year the academies vie to be Academy of the Year. This is accomplished by winning the most FCCP Choice Challenges, earning more diamonds on the leaderboard in the Choice Office (1-133). The challenges are fun and meant to create a friendly atmosphere that motivates each Carat and academy to give 100% (or their very best). At the end of the day, all of the programs, teachers, and students are phenomenal.

Having said that, though, last year’s winner is none other than LAKES LAW!! The Law Academy did pretty much everything that was expected and then some–The monthly Law Tea Socials, participation in the NTHS Food Drive, recruitment effort at the Showcase of Schools, creation of academy slides for the website, and of course, contribution of a Comfort Corner in the school’s clinic…just to name a few. Congratulations to Lakes Law and its instructors; this is an honor well deserved!