Got Caught “Blinging” Like a Carat!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Got Caught “Blinging” Like a Carat!

Tera Hands, Choice Coordinator

Guess who got caught blinging like a true carat!   Choice instructors are always on the lookout for the best and the brightest in their respective academies.  Students are chosen as a result of their overall stellar performance and conduct.  They are given a certificate, an SOM pen, and a sweet treat from the Choice Coordinator.  Carats, keep being excellent; keep shining bright like a diamond! Below are the March 2019 Academy Students of the Month:

Amelia Forrest is a 9th grade Law Academy student. According to Dr. Van Treese, Amelia is “a pleasure to teach.” She shows enthusiasm for the subject and a promising future, indeed.  She currently has a 4.0 GPA and plans to Dual Enroll with Palm Beach State College this summer.  What a fantastic start, Amelia!

Ranice Lincoln is also a 10th grade Law Academy student who is an OUTSTANDING student.  She is extremely dedicated to the academy and plans to become a patent attorney. Love it, Ranice!

Kaniya Brown is a Junior in the Law Academy.  According to Dr. Van Treese, this young lady is “very enthusiastic and high-achieving.” She will represent Lakes Law at the Urban League’s National Conference on Preventing Crime next month in Tampa. Kaniya is also in the band doing tremendous things–Nice job, Carat!

Chantel Spann is a senior Law Academy student who “has really stepped up her game this year,” says Dr. Van Treese.  She applies herself in class, and as a result, she has been accepted into Florida International University and Florida Golf Coast University. We are super proud of you, Chantel!