PBL Choice News

• September 4HOSA Meeting 9/5

• January 9HOSA State Competition 4/5-4/8

• January 9HOSA Regionals 2/9

Got Caught “Blinging” Like a Carat!

Tera Hands, Choice Coordinator

Guess who got caught blinging like a true carat!   Choice instructors are always on the lookout for the best and the brightest in their respective academies.  Students are chosen as a result of their overall stellar performance and conduct.  They are given a certificate, an SOM pen, and a sweet treat from the Choice Coordinator.  Carats, keep being excellent; keep shining bright like a diamond! Below are the October 2018 Academy Students of the Month:

Ro-Marc Briscoe is a senior this year in the Biotechnology Academy who, according to the Biotech teacher, has been very proactive with his science fair project. Ms. Chutkan says he takes initiative to do his work to the best of his ability. That’s how to represent, Ro-Marc!

Nada Maher is a new Medical Academy student in the 11th grade. She is a member of HOSA, Black Student Union, National Honor Society, and National Spanish Honor Society.  She has excellent grades and assists with labs in AHA.  Ms. Gissenter calls Nada “an all around great student.”

Daniela Aldaz is a freshman in the Law Academy.  She is an excellent student who is “motivated,” according to academy teacher, Dr. Van Treese.  She makes frequent contributions to class discussions. As a side note, Daniela is a member of the swim team at PBL–Keep up the great job, Daniela!

Ayana Ingraham is a sophomore in the Law Academy.  She  contributes greatly to the Law Club.  Additionally, she is extremely focused in class.  Dr. Van Treese considers her a “fantastic addition to the academy.” We are glad to have you, Ayana!

Jasmine Louis is the eleventh grade Law Student of the Month of October! She is highly motivated and career-oriented. That’s how to bling, Jasmine! Congratulations!

Suzette Ramos-Flores is a senior and leader in the Law Academy She is the epitome of what an academy student should be. This young lady completed an internship with the office of General Counsel at the Palm Beach County School District! Nice, Suzette!

Jazmin Desouza is a Senior in the Cosmetology class taught by Ms. Sabrina Davis.  In Cosmetology, Jazmin is eager and excited to learn about everything.  She is fearless when performing skin care services while volunteering often, as well, to be the model for other students. Ms. Davis reports that she is a pleasant young lady.  Amazing job, Jazmin–Congrats!

Farah Mentor is also a Senior in the Cosmetology class taught by Ms. Sabrina Davis. According to Ms. Davis, Farah is “an amazingly dedicated student.”  She is reported as being self-disciplined and organized.  All of her work and projects are done in an impeccable manner.  She is “upbeat” and “pleasant” as well as “focused on college and planning for her future.” Congratulations, Farah!