PBL Choice News

• February 7Mock Trial Competition 2/9

• February 6HOSA District Competition @ Keiser 2/9

• February 1Early Childhood's Math Night 2/6

2018 CTE Student of the Year

Tera Hands, Choice Coordinator

Congratulations to PBL’s CTE Student of the Year, La’Mont Lee of the Five Carat Choice Program’s Biotechnology Academy🐏💎👏🏾! His nomination letter was written by Biotech program instructor, Sunita Chutkan:

“La’Mont is currently in his fourth year of the Biotechnology Academy, where he serves as a leader and example to current and incoming Biotech students. He not only demonstrates excellence within the academy, but through a variety of school and extracurricular activities. I strongly believe that La’Mont has been, and will continue to be, an excellent representative not just of the Biotechnology Academy, but for CTE Academies at Lakes and for Palm Beach Lakes High School itself.

The purpose of the CTE program is to meet graduation requirements, earn college credit and industry certification, and become college ready before leaving high school. La’Mont has not only met these expectations, he’s exceeded every one. He is currently ranked in the top ten in his class, and earned Assistant Biotechnician certification in his junior year. In his fourth year in the academy, he is very active in the Biotech Club, serving as Vice President, and leads by example via volunteer work, participation and enthusiasm. He also assists in outreach for the program, encouraging incoming students to take advantage of all of the opportunities that come with belonging to an academy.

Beyond his superlatives, La’Mont has helped to create an environment within the academy that allows students to feel like they belong to a community; his positivity and dedication to the academy is truly commendable. La’Mont embodies the best of Lakes, and the Biotechnology Academy has benefited from having had him as a member.”

The other nominees this year were Staci-Jo Heron (Teacher Academy), Jowaine Woolery (Culinary Program), Asia Vance (Early Childhood Academy), and Kelise Matthews (Medical Academy)–all strong candidates who would have represented PBL well.  They, too, deserve accolades and recognition for all that they have accomplished in their respective CTE classes.

We are super proud of them, La’Mont, and all of the district’s CTE Students of the Year!